Call For Abstracts
• The committee invites the submission of abstracts to be considered for oral and e-poster presentations in either the Trauma Track, The Orthopaedic Track or the Paediatric Surgery Track
• The deadline for the submission of abstracts is 31 July 2019. Registrars are specifically invited to present.
• All appropriate abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee. All abstracts received will be acknowledged, and authors will be sent acceptance or rejection letters by the 31st of August 2019. Please note that authors of accepted abstracts must be registered delegates.
Instructions To Authors
1. Each abstract must clearly state the following:
a. Abstract title (the title of the abstract must not exceed 25 words)
b. Name of list of author(s). The name of the presenting author must appear first in the list of authors.
c. Affiliation of author(s).
d. Contact details of first author (telephone numbers, e-mail address etc)
2. Abstracts must be typed in English, single line spacing, Arial font size 12.
3. The body of the text must not exceed 350 words (this excludes the information listed in point 1)
4. Please adhere to the following format:
a. Introduction: should be brief and informative and state the aim of the study
b. Methods: include a description of subjects and research methodology
c. Results: outline the findings of the study supported by statistics as appropriate. Do not use figures, graphs or tables in the abstract. The data provided must be sufficient to permit peer review of the abstract
d. Conclusion: provide summary and relevance of the main findings
Prof Andrew Nicol
Prof Sithombo Maqungo
Paediatric Surgery Scientific
Prof Sabastian van As